Monday, March 21, 2011

A Note About the Upcoming Crank In

It’s another beautiful day here in Cape Girardeau! We are so looking forward to hosting you at our Crank In April 1-3.


I am sure that some may have heard that there’s been a change in venue….so many people signed up that there is simply not enough space at the Victorian Inn! We have moved it to the Plaza Conference Center. I am attaching a property map to this email. The first page is the map of the Victorian Inn, which has no elevators. The second page is the map of the whole area, where you can see that the Plaza Conference Center is not very far from the Victorian Inn at all. The Holiday Inn Express is closer, but I am under the understanding that it is more expensive. At this time, I am trying to make arrangements to borrow one of those fancy golf carts to transport those that have difficulty walking even short distances, but if I can’t get the golf cart, I will have my DH with my big old suv to carry anyone that needs carrying! Remember you are coming to Cape Girardeau….not Las Vegas…it’s not that big!!
Please remember that you are our guests and we are doing everything we can possibly think of to treat you as such….right down to having the room available on Thursday evening for set up, having young people at your service to carry the things from your vehicle to wherever you would like them to (we loaned a machine to our local juvenile department for their clients to use on inclement days to perform community services such as making baby hats for the hospital, socks for nursing home patients, and scarves to keep people warm, so they are going to perform community services for us….yes, they are young people with bad attitudes, but I think they will enjoy helping us out [albeit secretly] and having someone speak nicely to them and grateful for their services will surely brighten their day.)
And just so you know, by moving it to the convention center, the event will be catered by Ray’s and let me just tell you, they don’t do gray meat and rubber chicken at their meals!! The food has even passed my mother’s muster (not an easy task).
I hope this email dispels the rumors going around. Please know that if you have any concerns, I will be happy to address them, I am an email or a phone call away!

We are keeping the room at the Vic (which is a really great hotel) so that the night owls and the early risers will have the opportunity to try out the machine in their prime work time!!!
I look forward to meeting each and every one of you!
Make today GREAT!

0 comments: